Thursday, March 02, 2006

Crochet the Rainbow

I did it - I joined Crochet the Rainbow, along with masses of other crafters. Hopefully it will inspire me to finish some freakin' projects!! Plus, it's low commitment, which I like. I'm enrolled in the DC Secret Pals Swap, so I don't want to overwhelm myself.

I did have a little ulterior motive with signing up for P.S. too, since I knew I was only about an hour away from completing March's project - something red or pink. Yes, that's right folks, I have an FO to show!! Remember the Fino yarn I was going on about before Christmas? The shawl that ended up a scarf that became a UFO got set aside for a bit? It's finished!! My first lace project ever... I'm rediculously pleased with it, and only wish I would've finished it sooner in the winter so I could get more wear time out of it.

Stats: This scarf is 92" long by 8" wide. I kept going until it was as long as I wanted, and wove in the ends, no border. It used slightly less than one whole 100g hank of Fino, I'd guess about 800 yds. I used a size E hook, and a chevron stitch I liked from my Harmony Guide. When it was done I steam pressed it - never done that before and since I am not very familiar with the iron I had my mom assist. How lame is it that I'm 20 and don't know how to use an iron? [My mom thinks muchly.] I absolutely love this yarn. [But really, KnitPicks Shimmer is the *exact* same thing for half the cost; the only bummer is Shimmer doesn't come in the beautiful solid colors that Fino does...]

Anyways! I mentioned I signed up for the DC Secret Pals Swap - I'm excited about this. I'm hoping that the more experienced group will guarentee a successful experience for everyone... And I'm happy cuz I've already received a nice ecard from my pal.

Plus, the gal who I get to send to is someone who I'm not very familiar with, and from reading up on her I think I will really like her. I'm pretty positive she doesn't read my blog, so I feel safe mentioning that I dyed some yarn to send to her last night. I tried the Wilton's Icing Dye again, and had better results this time, but I'm still not thrilled, so I think I might over dye it tomorrow after work. It's tricky to get the color saturation on this stuff right - plus, my rinse never ran clear. Hmmm...? Anyways, I'm looking forward to spoiling her.

Now I'm gonna run, cuz Kris bought me a scratch-off and I gotta see if I'm rich. ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

U guess you don't have me then *sniff*

8:14 PM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

The scarf is boo-tii-fulll!!!! Love it!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

I like that chevron cropped number in Knit.1 also. I'd totally need to lengthen it, though because I'm pretty sure that showing MY stomach in public is a federal crime.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

You hooked me with P.S....I signed up..should be fun!

11:56 AM  
Blogger mommasara said...

hey
on your hippie hat pattern, on round 27, the instructions sat 2sctog over next 2 sc.
Could you clarify that?
I'm confused.

5:57 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Love the scarf!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home