Thursday, July 21, 2005

Good Evening, Mr. Gauge

Yes, that's right... Gauge and I finally met tonight.
Swatch

I was most impressed that we got along right away... I thought that my stitches were going to be a little large, but if I've counted rows right [which I'm pretty sure I have] than I am right on the money. Yay!

The project that actually made me swatch? The Big Collar Cardigan that I'd mentioned awhile ago. I'd been holding off since i haven't actually done a big clothing project and the yarn costs were daunting. But, the time is here.

I really need a project to keep me occupied on the trip up north.. I'll bring some other small ones with me but this will be the biggie. I decided to use Wool-Ease as a substitute, and as I mentioned earlier the gauge is right on. It's *so* much cheaper, and still soft, plus it will be nice and snuggly - excellent for Michigan winters. I'm going with the color 'Cranberry,' not the grey in the picture. That was just for swatch.

Vacation is just a day away, and tomorrow will be full of loads of laundry and tons of packing - a trip to Costco - more laundry - LOL! Hopefully I'll squeeze in one last post, but if not, I'll talk to y'all in a week or so!!

4 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Oh phooey to Natalie and Lori. I prefer to live life on the edge. Gauge be damned! LOL!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Ro said...

I was reluctantly introduced to Monsieur Gauge this week when realizing I'd have to go up two hook sizes to get the gauge of the shrug pattern I have been working on.

Sadly, I ran out of yarn for the first one which was spot on size wise, and started anew with a second yarn. Alas, this did not go so well and I realized that if I continued with it, It'd be a 2X size when I was done!

So ribbet ribbet and back to the beginning and somehow, I still think it's coming out too big.

Gauge is shady, don't trust him Natalie. Just don't trust him!

Have a marvelous, relaxing vacation :) I hope it's a wonderful prelude to your birthday early next month (yes, that is a plug for your other readers to see, I'm not above shameless promotion of my friends LOL)

travel safely kiddo!!!
xoxo
Ro

10:16 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You go swatchin' girl!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on measuring!!

Have fun on your trip.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home