Sunday, July 02, 2006

Spotted in the "Ask Marilyn" Column...

of Parade, Sunday, July 2nd:

"What number comes next in this sequence: 19, 15, 18, 18, 17, 18, 19, 16, 20, 19? Hint: After 720 numbers, the sequence repeats."

This one stumped the hell out of me this morning, til I gave up and finally read the answer. Then I went "WTF? I would *never* have gotten that!" I'll leave a comment with the answer in case you come to the same conclusion. :)

Anywho - things are great here in Natalie's world. The new job is - amazing? I seriously can't talk about it without bragging, it's that great. I get to spend thousands and thousands of other peoples' dollars - what could be better? Really, everyone is so friendly and the job itself seems to be really be clicking; I feel like it's a great fit and the feedback I'm getting tells me that the company does, too. It's looking really positive!

I've taken a break from hooking for awhile. The Crotchetville drama came during a slump, and the whole combination of situations left me turned off to crocheting for awhile. I haven't been back to the 'Ville in months now, and it feels good. Instead of trying to keep pushing crochet on myself, I gave up and started knitting. I'm surprised at how basically painless it was to learn; although I apparently taught myself combination knitting, which will make increasing and decreasing a little tricky. I'll worry about that when I come to it, though; I've whipped up a few dishcloths and am now working on making myself a panta - easy peasy!

Anywho, gotta go - the mask I have on my face has dried and I'm feeling a little stretched out. Time to shower!

Enjoy your holiday, all! [I know I will - I don't have to be back at work til Wednesday! Woo-hoo!]

6 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

"Answer: The numbers represent the lit segments on a seven-segment digital clock starting with 12:00, which has 19 lit segments. The last number in the sequence is 14, which represents 11:59."

Whoda thunkit?

8:18 PM  
Blogger halfjackd said...

I would have never figured that out. Not in a million years lol.

Kudos on the knitting. I still love to crochet, but there's something more satisfying to me right now in knitting. It's amazingly fun though, isn't it? Do we get to see any pictures of what you've been working on?

9:33 AM  
Blogger Marvie said...

I've been getting a bit more out of knitting lately too. Maybe it's the thrill of accomplishing something new, doing well at something I thought I'd suck at forever, who knows. I just find it's more satisfying right now. And knitting socks doesn't make me sweat lol ;)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Pink said...

Nice to see you blogging again, Natalie. I solved that puzzle before I got to the end of your post...JK...LOL...I'll save that one for someone I really want to shut up for a while! Glad you are getting those needles working for you.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

I didn't even try to figure that out. Lol. I can't stand # problems. Anyway good to see your blog post :) Congrats on the new job and on the knitting! I really need to start knitting. (how many times have I said that??)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Wendy said...

I still don't get it with the answer, lol.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home