Monday, May 01, 2006

*Take me out to the balllllllgame...*

Ahem.

Anywho! this past Sunday I was lucky enough to go to a winning Tiger's game. We had half off ticket vouchers from my dad's work, it wasn't raining, and the Tig's had been killing the Twins in the series, so we decided to go.

I'm so glad we did, because it turned out to be just the perfect day. The game started at 1:05p, but we got a bit of a late start cuz we had to take Woodward and not the highway, which was closed for MI's perpetual construction. We stocked up on salted peanuts from vendors outside Comerica Park, where they're only $1/bag and *not* $4.50... On the walk to the stadium from the parking lot, we passed a few Detroit notables: Hockeytown Cafe, the Fox Theatre, and the Wyland whale mural on Broderick Tower.


We also walked by the beautiful, historical St. John's Episcopal Church. Detroit has dozens and dozens of striking cathedrals, and even in the worst parts of the city they are usually well kept up. St. John's is one of the most well known, for both it's central location and age.


We took some pictures outside the stadium:


And some inside, too:


The Tigers ended up winning, 6-0, to sweep the game and the series. The weather couldn't have been nicer, it was sunny and warm with a nice breeze. It was nice to be downtown, too... The city is slowly coming back around. It is really nice to see abandoned buildings being dozed, and even better, restored. There's a demand for nice housing that is finally being filled - and I'm not talking nice projects, I'm talking 500K lofts. They're actually building a Starbucks on downtown Woodward!

6 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Great pics Nat!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im SOOOO jealous! Baseball is my thing...

How adorable are you?? Too cute!!! Love the pics!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

That looks like a blast.
I have to add, I love the new hair cut.

12:50 AM  
Blogger sara said...

I still think your new 'do is the shiz! The church is beautiful. Sounds like you had a great time.

5:49 AM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

My summer never feels complete unless I go to a Tigers game. And it is especially nice this year, since they were actually winning! *Gasp*

Love the hair!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Kellycat said...

Great pics! You look like you were having a lot of fun. I have to agree the hair looks totally great!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home