Saturday, May 06, 2006

Foodie Friday [On a Satuarday] IV

Okay, so, I realize it's no longer Friday and I have in fact missed "Foodie Friday." I get it. But - if there's one thing years and years of underacheiving has taught me, it's that it's better to do something late than not at all. So, in that spirit, I post on!

Since I am a day late and this is [Kentucky] Derby day, I figured it would be the perfect day to post this drink - one of my faves if I'm going balls out. And no, *gasp,* it's not a julep - sorry Kari!

The Trifecta

Combine equal parts raspberry, orange, and lemon flavored vodka in a shaker with ice. Stoli tastes the best, by far. [For cheaper, you can use Smirnoff.] Add a splash of grenadine and a splash of lime juice, or juice from a big fat lime wedge, and shake.

Serve in a martini glass, [or a tumbler, LOL...!] - run an orange wedge around the rim and dip in sugar before decanting the drink into the glass. It's sexy to put tiny citrus wedges on a poker and float them instead of olives, but totally unneccessary, too. :)

A local club showcased these on the evening news for the Kentucky Derby *years* ago... the original recipe was scribbled in my 10th grade planner, lol, but I've long since memorized it. It was a pricey drink in HS cuz of all the liquors, etc, but soooo well worth it. Yes. A couple of these makes Natalie veeeeerrrrrry friendly. A couple more... well, you know. It's good to regulate, LOL. Anywho! - I tried googling it, but kept coming up with something much different. I think I like my version better, anyways - hope you do too! Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh yummm!!!

That drink of yours sounds delish!!!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHAT you DIDN'T post a julep recipe?? How could you not? lol
Your drink sounds pretty good.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i'm a fellow crocheter and i'm also a college student and 20 years of age! find me on crochetville.org my sn is squish_52

2:16 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Oh you so remind me of me at 20... :)

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home