Monday, May 01, 2006

Disappointed girl, I am.

The good news: I sold back my single book this semester, my German book, and got $75.50 in return. For selling it back. [Thank goodness *I* didn't have to pay the original cost to buy it!]

The bad news: I'm not "graduating" this spring.

I had a counselor's appointment today to get my graduation audit done [to get my associate's in liberal arts] and, long story short, it turns out I'm one credit short. In actuality, I'll be 10 fucking credits over if I pass my classes from the Winter semester, but I still have to take another class this summer. Apparently, them chem class I took at the university I am transferring back to qualifies there as a gen. ed. science requirement, but not at this shitty comm. college because it didn't have an independent lab. So, I am one lab credit short of a degree. And you cannot enroll for a lab without a lecture.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is that I don't technically even need this credit, since I am going back to the university where it does satisfy the gen. ed. I could transfer and obtain my B.A. with no penalty to me. But, by getting the credit and obtaining my degree at OCC, I am exempted from 12 or 16 credits at OU, which saves me lots of money in the long run. So, even though it sucks ass, it makes more sense.

But I am still pissy. For one, since I found out waaaaaay late into registration that I would even have to be taking classes, all the good ones were full. I didn't get into a chemistry class, which I vastly prefer. Instead, I am stuck with Life Sciences, and biology is one my absolute least favorite things. And, since I vacation the second half of the summer, I had to do the accelerated course... Tues and Thurs from 9am-2:30pm, lab then lecture. I hate it already. And, oh yeah - it starts NEXT WEEK. Work is going to not be happy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

That truly bites-however, the accelerated class will be over fast.

8:34 PM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

Ohh.... that really sucks. Good luck with your last class; I am sure it will be over before you know it (or at least, you can hope so!).

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kellycat said...

I'm sure you'll be happy when it is all over with, and you have a great career. Keep your head up girl!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

Short term pain will be worth it if it saves you time in university classes. Intensive course for a bit though. Hang in Nat.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that just flat-out sucks. At least it'll save you some classes later on, though.

Would that OU as in Athens by any chance? I live about an hour or so from there...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home