Monday, May 01, 2006

Disappointed girl, I am.

The good news: I sold back my single book this semester, my German book, and got $75.50 in return. For selling it back. [Thank goodness *I* didn't have to pay the original cost to buy it!]

The bad news: I'm not "graduating" this spring.

I had a counselor's appointment today to get my graduation audit done [to get my associate's in liberal arts] and, long story short, it turns out I'm one credit short. In actuality, I'll be 10 fucking credits over if I pass my classes from the Winter semester, but I still have to take another class this summer. Apparently, them chem class I took at the university I am transferring back to qualifies there as a gen. ed. science requirement, but not at this shitty comm. college because it didn't have an independent lab. So, I am one lab credit short of a degree. And you cannot enroll for a lab without a lecture.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is that I don't technically even need this credit, since I am going back to the university where it does satisfy the gen. ed. I could transfer and obtain my B.A. with no penalty to me. But, by getting the credit and obtaining my degree at OCC, I am exempted from 12 or 16 credits at OU, which saves me lots of money in the long run. So, even though it sucks ass, it makes more sense.

But I am still pissy. For one, since I found out waaaaaay late into registration that I would even have to be taking classes, all the good ones were full. I didn't get into a chemistry class, which I vastly prefer. Instead, I am stuck with Life Sciences, and biology is one my absolute least favorite things. And, since I vacation the second half of the summer, I had to do the accelerated course... Tues and Thurs from 9am-2:30pm, lab then lecture. I hate it already. And, oh yeah - it starts NEXT WEEK. Work is going to not be happy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

That truly bites-however, the accelerated class will be over fast.

8:34 PM  
Blogger SheCrochets said...

Ohh.... that really sucks. Good luck with your last class; I am sure it will be over before you know it (or at least, you can hope so!).

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm sure you'll be happy when it is all over with, and you have a great career. Keep your head up girl!

9:39 AM  
Blogger halfjackd said...

Oh damn Natalie, that sucks! Wish I had some grand advice, but all I can say is that I hope the class goes well, fast and doesn't upset your work too much. (Hugs)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Chicksey said...

Keep your head up Natalie. I'll tell you the same thing I used to tell my students (I was an advisor after graduation) that I learned myself-- summer classes are WAY easier. Eventhough its not your favorite class, the condensed courses are fantastic, you're learning curve is high and there is no time to forget the material. It's all worth it in the end. Good luck--and you'll bedone earlier and will have the rest of the summer to vacation!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

Short term pain will be worth it if it saves you time in university classes. Intensive course for a bit though. Hang in Nat.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous stacey said...

Oh, that just flat-out sucks. At least it'll save you some classes later on, though.

Would that OU as in Athens by any chance? I live about an hour or so from there...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home