Monday, May 08, 2006

Another Wonderful Monday -

Not.

The hits keep coming; yay...

When I went today to pay for my class that starts tomorrow, I found out I couldn't pay because I'd been *unenrolled.* Apparently, when you miss the payment due date in the summer semester, they just do this! And, I didn't know, cuz, well, I've never actually taken summer courses, and I've always had financial aid.

If I thought the availabilty of classes was tight a week ago - it's absolutely nil now. There's no science courses open that I am able to take - either cuz of schedule or requirement constraints. There are two classes, at different campuses, that have availablilty but have already started, so I can't just register for them - I have to plead my case to the respective Enrollment Officials to try to get them to make an exception and let me in.

Basically I've been told that I shouldn't hold my breath, and that I "should have a good story, too." Uh, gee, I think I do: I didn't found out until 1 week ago that I even had to take a class, because due to a typo on their website I thought my CHEM class from OU would transfer as an equivalent credit. Once I found out it didn't, I registered for a class right away, but then didn't have the money to pay for it *one day* afterward. When, one week later, I finally get the money, only to find out I have been unenrolled, no classes are open that still fit within my schedule constraints. Without the credits, I won't graduate in time to enroll back at OU in the fall.

So, I really have to hope that they'll let me pick up the class; maybe they'll be sympathetic to my bad circumstances. If not, I basically have two options: say fuck the credit, don't get my associate's, just go back to OU and finish my BA out as normal, paying for the extra classes there; OR dual enroll for the class at OCC while I'm full-time at OU next semester so I can still get the associate's before it screws with my pre-reqs at OU. One way, I waste money, the other, I basically self-inflict insanity upon myself for an entire semester. I can't even think about how work is going to have to deal with this - school's gotta come first - but I'm sure they won't be thrilled.

And Stacey - I don't think my OU is the school you're talking about - the one I'm referring to Oakland University.

So, please think good thoughts for me tomorrow in my meeting with the Enrollment people... I really need him/her to help me out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

I will send good thoughts-maybe you can talk to the prof and have him sign an overload form (beg him or her). Good luck~

8:49 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Ooh, sorry to hear that! Good vibes coming your way...

12:33 AM  
Blogger halfjackd said...

Arg, how frustrating! I'm sorry you're dealing with all that bs about school. I'll keep sending good thoughts for ya.

Oh, and if you happen to notice someone was on your blog forever this morning...that was me. I was waiting for it to load and wound up forgetting it was up lol.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Sharon-DoD said...

Aw Natalie, that sucks! Please update us as to how it went.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home