Monday, May 08, 2006

Another Wonderful Monday -

Not.

The hits keep coming; yay...

When I went today to pay for my class that starts tomorrow, I found out I couldn't pay because I'd been *unenrolled.* Apparently, when you miss the payment due date in the summer semester, they just do this! And, I didn't know, cuz, well, I've never actually taken summer courses, and I've always had financial aid.

If I thought the availabilty of classes was tight a week ago - it's absolutely nil now. There's no science courses open that I am able to take - either cuz of schedule or requirement constraints. There are two classes, at different campuses, that have availablilty but have already started, so I can't just register for them - I have to plead my case to the respective Enrollment Officials to try to get them to make an exception and let me in.

Basically I've been told that I shouldn't hold my breath, and that I "should have a good story, too." Uh, gee, I think I do: I didn't found out until 1 week ago that I even had to take a class, because due to a typo on their website I thought my CHEM class from OU would transfer as an equivalent credit. Once I found out it didn't, I registered for a class right away, but then didn't have the money to pay for it *one day* afterward. When, one week later, I finally get the money, only to find out I have been unenrolled, no classes are open that still fit within my schedule constraints. Without the credits, I won't graduate in time to enroll back at OU in the fall.

So, I really have to hope that they'll let me pick up the class; maybe they'll be sympathetic to my bad circumstances. If not, I basically have two options: say fuck the credit, don't get my associate's, just go back to OU and finish my BA out as normal, paying for the extra classes there; OR dual enroll for the class at OCC while I'm full-time at OU next semester so I can still get the associate's before it screws with my pre-reqs at OU. One way, I waste money, the other, I basically self-inflict insanity upon myself for an entire semester. I can't even think about how work is going to have to deal with this - school's gotta come first - but I'm sure they won't be thrilled.

And Stacey - I don't think my OU is the school you're talking about - the one I'm referring to Oakland University.

So, please think good thoughts for me tomorrow in my meeting with the Enrollment people... I really need him/her to help me out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

I will send good thoughts-maybe you can talk to the prof and have him sign an overload form (beg him or her). Good luck~

8:49 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Ooh, sorry to hear that! Good vibes coming your way...

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Natalie, that sucks! Please update us as to how it went.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home