Friday, April 14, 2006

First "Foodie Friday" Installment

Foodie Friday

Foodie Friday is a "blog-along" [just named it that] that is the brainchild of a few food-inclined people, that has now taken shape. In fact, there is a web ring to be up soon! While there aren't any "rules" yet, the goal is to share a culinary tidbit every Friday; be it a recipe, kitchen tip, ingredient info, eatery review - what have you.

Now, since I am admittedly not skilled in the kitchen, some of you may be wondering why exactly *I* am worthy of participating in Foodie Friday. The reason is this - I love food - even if I can't cook it. And, eventually, I will have to become self-sustenant, which entails being able to feed myself, LOL, and I'll *have* to know how to cook... So, I might as well start early.

With all that build up you would think my pilot Foodie Friday would be something spectacular - but I'm not to spectacular yet. Plus, I feel unprepared; I'd wanted to post my alfredo formula but can't find the little notes I wrote last time I made it... So, that will have to wait for some other time.

Today, I'll just share a family treat many "outsiders" think is really weird. My Grandma Dory - my mom's mom, who died when I was 5 - used to love this. I don't make it very often, but it is definitely one of my comfort foods.

---


Grandma's Toast -

Toast two slices of bread - I like wheat for this, but any kind works. Smear the slices generously with sour cream, and then sprinkle about a tablespoon of brown sugar evenly over each.

Enjoy with a glass of milk!

---


Mmmm; now I have made myself hungry, so I think I might go make a slice!

3 Comments:

Blogger CraftyCritter said...

Awesome! Gotta try that Natalie.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love sour cream and sugar. It's great over blueberries. :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Lani said...

We dip strawberries into sour cream and then brown sugar so I KNOW that flavor combination rocks -- I'm gonna try it on toast, I'd never thought of it but I bet it is good!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home