Thursday, February 23, 2006

Turtles on Parade...

Turtle turtle turtle

I made the baby one for Kris's neice, but she won't get it til we go for his nephew's birthday, in a few weeks. I love these; so quick and so cute. The pattern's simple, too, so after a bit you get it down pat without having to check back every two seconds.

That's all I have to show off that I made - the rest is what I bought. Yes, lately, the amount of spending has been inversly proportional to the amount of actual producing... but like I said, it's shop therapy. I'm very serious about it.

Anywho - follows are my spoils [and commentary] in order I received them:


On Tuesday when I got home from work, I had a little package from Deneen waiting for me in my mailbox - a 2oz tin of her Whipped Shea Buttah!! Here it is next to my small turtle for size comparison. [And also to show off my turtle some more.] After reading all the rave reviews circulating around blogland, I had to try it out for myself, of course. So, I ordered some in the ylang-ylang scent, and I am a believer!! This stuff is so great, it literally melts into your skin, and it's so softly perfumed, very light. My dad has been using it on his dry patches, even, although he says he;d prefer it unscented.


That same day, I somehow managed to cajole Kris into going to JoAnns with me... I didn't end up getting what I wanted, but I did pick up the new copy of Knit.1. The highlight of the mag is this cute little crop top - I like it alot. If I ever were to actually make it, I would lengthen it, or lengthen the chevron part... There are some other cute patterns, too, though. More knit than crochet, but what else is new?


These two I ordered off Amazon, and they showed up on Wednesday. Truth be told, I'm not thrilled with either, but I'm pleased enough with both to not send them back. The best piece in Lion Brand Vinateg Styles is the cover cardi, in my opinion, but there are a few other decent patterns. Blue Ribbon Crochet doesn't have anything that screams out "make me" but it has many good patterns that I could see making for gifts... Lots of nice doilies if I ever get more into thread than snowflakes...


These suckers came this morning and I actually skipped my afternoon class to stay home and look them over. The Crochet Answer Book is full of a lot of info I already know, but it is handy to have it all in one place, and I like the format. It's also got the math for sleeve/neck shaping, and things I like to not think hard about. All in all, I'm happy with The Happy Hooker. It wasn't earth shattering, but there are several nice, makeable patterns... and the instructions are pretty good for someone who'd need them. I like the variety of patterns, too. I want to make this sweater right away; it's like the one Jessi made awhile back. I love it.

Okay, sorry to show and go but Kris is rushing me out the door! Hugs!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those turtles are absolutely the cutest thing i've ever seen? adorable!

10:55 PM  
Blogger sara said...

awwww! the turtles are darling! I got some of Deneen's shea buttah,too and LOVE it!

Well, I'm going to have to go get the stoller book....

6:39 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Those turtles are so adorable-almost precious!

I can make some unscented for your dad if you want. I'll just take some out before I scent it.

I want that Stoller book (I think). Maybe you can do a review for us!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Two questions...is that purple sweater crocheted? It's hard to tell. The turtles are adorable...where did you say the pattern is from? Thanks

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The turtles are completely adorable!!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Thanks for your quick reply...one more question...is the purple sweater from the Happy Hooker Book?
(cold is getting better...thanks!)

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home