Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Pokey Little Turtle

A Pokey Little Turtle

The pattern is from here. It was delivered to my inbox quickly, and is easy to follow. I made this with various cone chenilles... Next I'll be making a pink, smaller-sized one for Kris's niece.

Last week, we recieved an invitation for his nephew's birthday party... Specifically addressed to us ["Uncle Kris and Natalie"] and this is cheesy, but it made me feel grown up. So - all you moms out there - what's a good, appropriate gift for a 4-yo boy that both he, and his parents, will appreciate?? I was thinking some of those "Magic" art supplies from Crayola. He also *loves* baseball and can hit a ball about 20x better than me - so Kris and I were thinking a nice bat and mitt. Thoughts?

I melted my plastic this weekend... Sometimes I think I really do need shop therapy - I just get bummed out when I am broke and can't buy things. So, I think know I went overboard, but I can't bring myself to actually care right now. I can't wait until my goodies start pouring in!! I'll be dreading the MasterCard bill next month, but whatevah!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

He's adorable-I saw those patterns there.

Gift for a 4 year old boy-Spiderman, Batman, Spongebob, Hot Wheels, you get my drift. Ask Kris to pick something he would want to play with and "bingo"-you got the perfect present for a 4 year old and his dad.

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute turtle!

When asked what my kids wanted for birthdays I always said, Anything on tv! At 4, kids are into what's hot with cartoons and movies. Simple sports equipment gets a lot play time too. :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your pokey little turtle is so cute!

From what I know, 4-year olds love super hero stuff. My nephew wanted Spider Man, and Hulk stuff.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Cute turtle...you do nice work. I'm new to blogging but not to crochet...come visit my site if you have a chance. As for the gift, get a laundry basket, head to the dollar store and fill it up. 4 year olds usually don't know the cost of stuff, just so there is alot of it! Good Luck!
P.S. I'm taking one of your buttons!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home