Sunday, January 01, 2006

Slumpitty-Ump-Bump Slump

A computer slump, that is. I've had lots of things I keep thinking of to blog... photos to share - but everytime I get some minutes at the computer I am thwarted from posting. It's upsetting to me that even the mildest posts over at Crochetville are getting turned into stupid controversies... Like people just want to be muckrakers. It's bound to happen with all the growth, but I can't help thinking how much nicer it felt to be hanging out there this time last year. Whatever - I have to admit that I'm still drawn to those threads like soap operas or something. It's like my drama crack or something, LOL... Sometimes I so badly just want to ask people what the fuck they are thinking sometimes??

Anyways, I'm here and I didn't come here just to bitch... Sorry 'bout that. :)

I've been trying, like everyone else I'm sure, to get my life back in order after the holidays. I've had lots of time off and lots of hours to work... make any sense, lol? I've just had to work looooong shifts, that I'm not used to, so I get home wiped. Then, my days off lately have co-ordinated with Kris's, but that just means a lot of time spent with home and not necessarily being productive. I'm getting the finances back in order... I think I might even have enough to make a splurge order at Knitpicks this weeks, and get started on buying some yarn for the wool swap. [Which reminds me, I still don't have a button up for that yet.]

I've got like 6 crochet projects going, and just can't seem to get one of them finished up!! Actually, that's not quite true - I finished a ruffley scarf for my aunt last night during a movie - but still, the point is valid:

- I have my afghan, which has been ongoing for about oh, 2 months now? It's 36-40" now, and I need to buy more yarn soon. I like working on that and I like everything about how it's coming out.

- Also I'm working on a pair of handwarmers which I started after Christmas... Need them for work. Got 1 and 1/2 done, but can't get the second to look like the first, since I didn't use a pattern. Think those will get frogged and re-done with a pattern, but not right away probably.

- Then there's some green Lamb's Pride I bought that was supposed to be a pair of fulled slippers for Lauren for Christmas. Again, no pattern so really no direction - I have one sole that I will more than likely frog. I'd like to get one of the Fibertrends patterns, [this or this] but don't have the funds right this second so it'll wait a bit longer.

- A shawl that I'm only in the swatching stages of right now. It'll be using that burgundy Fino yarn by Alpacas with a Twist. It's gorgeous stuff. I'm still trying to find a stitch combo that is exactly what I want, though.

Okay - so that's only four - but there's also a couple back-burner projects; I haven't picked those up in weeks, though!!

Today I haven't done much crocheting, but I did frog a nice lavendar colored acrylic/cotton blend sweater I picked up at Salvation Army on Friday. The yarn feels like Cotton Ease - it's nice stuff. Frogged nicely too, so I didn't get any little pieces. I'd say I got over a pound's worth of that yarn, along with slightly less than a pound of some wine colored rayon/cotton blend from another sweater. All in all, it cost me $9, and maybe two hours frogging - well worth it I'd say. :) Here's the finished products:


I've also done a little bit of Kool Aid dyeing tonight, but all that's drying right now. Hopefully I'll get pics up soon, but in case I don't, here's a little sneak peak of some roving that Deneen sent, that I dyed with various shades of green, plus some blue.


I hope everyone is doing well, and has a wonderful 2006... Keep an eye out for my blogiversary contest, which is due the 3rd but which may come later cuz I'm pretty sure I start classes that day. [I think I should know that by now, lol!]

Hugs!!

2 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Love the green roving! Nice Salvation Army find. Yah...step away from c'ville's drama, it really isn't worth is and it takes you away from crocheting or just be stress free, in general.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Ah, she does remember how to blog! Roving looks great! Too much drama again at C'ville, just people taking stuff too seriously.

Happy New Year!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home