Saturday, January 21, 2006

Posting this from the couch...

Yep, the couch. Which could only mean one [reasonable] thing - I GOT A LAPTOP!!!AGHH!!!

Seriously, I was so excited I actually got it, I almost wanted to pee myself. It's a secondhand Dell but honestly just like new... I didn't think I was going to be able to come up with the money before it got sold to someone else, but my wonderful boyfriend was able to scrape it together for me!! So, I guess it is really *his* laptop, since quite honestly I didn't pay a cent it, but we both know that's not the case. [Regardless of if when I pay him back for it.]

Anyways, I am telling myself that it will really be helpful to have around for my homework, and my mom feels that it will minimize the "who gets the computer" arguments between me and Lauren... Of course, it will be nice to be able to surf the net at Kris's house. Actually, there's not a wireless network at my house yet - so I when I'm there, the only way I've figured out to connect is to unhook the cable connection from other computer - self-defeating. But, the whole county will have a free wireless network up by the end of the year, so it won't be long and I won't have to worry about it.

I've been so busy playing with my new piece of technology that I haven't picked up a hook since Thursday, when I restarted the irksome Karabella Lace Mohair Shawl. I would link you to the patter but for some reason it's mysteriously disappeared from the kpixie site where I bought it from. This pattern is just horribly written and nothing but troubles - but the picture of the finished shawl is gorgeous and I want to get to that point!! Also, after reading Tiffany's recent posts, I *need* to make myself a panta. [Maybe from stripey sock yarn? Or hippie-chick organic cotton?]

Ignore the fact that I've not yet finished the Fino scarf...

5 Comments:

Blogger LinknKnits said...

I know, I printed the panta pattern for both knit and crochet. I WILL make myself one ~ they are so cool!

Congrats on the laptop! Now you can watch tv and post at the same time!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! A laptop! Let freedom ring! I love your panta idea.

11:13 AM  
Blogger LG said...

Hi Natalie! Congratulations on the laptop! Enjoy!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I recently acquired a second hand dell laptop too. And I love it! I'm not sure how I ever lived with out it.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the new toy! I have a Dell laptop at home too, I know how fun it can be to have that new distraction

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home