Sunday, January 15, 2006

Lots to post...

But not a lot of time... and I know if I blabber on forever you'll all quit reading... so here's a [mostly] photo update:

    Contest:

Drawing [Belated, yipes!]

Winners, Andrea and Wendy!!
Details on prizes will follow, since I've *still* not decided what you've won, but Wendy, I need your address info, so if you could email me that it would be great. :) Thank you everyone else for playing along and for sticking with me after a whole year. I really love having you all as friends!!

    Wool Swap

Gorgeous roving from Jacqui - tons of it!!
and - a BALL WINDER!!! I've been winding all my stash up... I love it. Thank you so much, Jacqui!!

    Spinning Class and aftermath


Went great, although I forgot to bring my camera, so I don't have pictures from the actual class, but Jessi does. I had a rediculously good time - we met up early for coffee, then went to the shop for the class. There were a dozen ladies total, and our teacher was a really nice, knowledgable guy. We got about four ounces of some very soft grey wool, and maybe an ounce of some super silky black alpaca to play with once we get better. Here's what I spun and plyed during the class, which ran over by almost an hour, along with the extra fiber:

And remember this roving that I dyed?

Look what I spun it into last night:
It's a mini-hank, it weighs just over an ounce and is about 20 yards worth of bulky yarn. Don't know what I'll do with it - maybe make an amigurumi turtle?? I'm proud, though.

And this is on my spindle right now, it's some of that beautiful chocolate wool from Jacqui:


    Crochet

Although my hooking has taken a back burner this weekend, I did finish up the fulled slippers for Lauren last week. I didn't shape them to dry, so they're a bit janky looking right now. I have to re-wet and shape them but I've been lazy and she's been wearing them anyways.


    Questions

For those of you that are handy with templates and things - how do I put the title of my page at the top so it shows up on every page as a link back to home? It was on the old template and I have no idea how to get it in this new one... and it bugs me because from the perma-link pages you can't get anywhere...

Oh, and does anyone know what happened to the Crochet Blogs button?

    School

I started classes this week. My german teacher is a dud and isn't very good at explaining anything... If I hadn't taken some german before I would be very lost, I think. My computer class is redo - I'm hoping to pass it high enough to transfer credit, this time. I registered with the same teacher I had last time, who's a decently funny guy. He's a great teacher though, and fair with his grading. I just need to do the work this time. :) Oh - and bowling? Turns out it's only a half semester deal, and it doesn't start til March. Except, I didn't realize that until I had warmed up my car to leave for the first class, and only then decided to double-check my schedule. Doh!!

There are lots of fun memes going around right now that I want to do too, but I haven't got the time... I love reading them all, though! Awesome questions, too, Lori!!

Anyways - gotta run - today's lemon rice soup day at one of my fave little restaurants - YUM!! Hugs, all!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tandi said...

Ooh, what a lovely swap package! Thanks for posting your spinning pics, that looks so fun! Can't wait to see more!
Lemon rice soup, I'm so jealous! I love that stuff, it's one of my favorite soups. I had it last year when I was in Detroit on business and I can't find it anywhere else. Enjoy!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun spinning!

I'm having the same problem with my 'crochet blog' button. I think the problem is where the image is saved. Yarn Tomato site is down right now and so we can't access the image. When we can, I think we need to save the image to our own files, then update our template to reference our own files. I hope that helps, I'm not good at explaining technical and it's my best guess. When and if I fix mine, I'll leave you a message. :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

Oooo! Goody! :) Thanks. :)

Looks like you're having fun with all that spinning!

I'll e-mail you what my blog header code looks like... I'm thinking it won't look so good here.

11:46 AM  
Blogger none said...

Woot! I won, I won! Very cool. Hey, I love all of your spinning. Did they give you a tip on how not to spin too thin and have the spindle drop on the floor? That seems to be my problem lately. I love the green you spun up.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the template thing, I'm not too sure but you can try this out..

At the template section, search for the part that is the html for the image you want to link.
ie: <*img src="_____"*>

To link it, add this:
<*a href="__address_to_be_linked__"*>

Don't forget to close the tag.
ie: <*/a*>

So it should look like this.
<*a href="___"*> <*img src="__"*> <*/a*>

Of course, leave the asterix out of the html code. I left it there to show you without actually really creating a link. ;) Hope that works.

8:35 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Your spinning looks faboo girlie!

I've got a ball winder too. Best thing since sliced bread.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home