Wednesday, December 21, 2005

What the fuck is wrong with everyone??

Is it the holidays that makes everyone go crazy?? So much drama --- seems like whenever I have time to get on the comp for than five minutes new drama pops up!! I'm hoping it's just the high stress level and things will calm down shortly... I'm hoping...

I've been having a hard time finding any time... Finals are over with and I can't say I'm thrilled with the way I did - but they're over. I still haven't registered for next semester. I've been working a lot... the new job's good, I worked a shift at the old job... it was weird. I've been told the owner at the new job likes me, so I hope that equates into some sort of Christmas bonus, or a raise, maybe??

I'm having an internal conflict between Type A and Type Lazy right now... Overacheiver v. Procrastinator. The way my bills coincided with my money and present buying schedule was absolutely horrendous... So, I am ashamed to say that most of the people I know will be getting Post-Christmas presents from me. Fuck it. All the crazy hours I'm working this week I'll get paid for right after Christmas... and then when the thrill of all the old new presents has worn off for everyone - BAM - there will be more new presents. [That's what I am hoping, anyways.] When weighing the options between shitty gifts or late gifts, I'll chose late.

Deneen, I owe you a monstrous thank-you, which I've been tardy with... Tomorrow I will try to post pics, but everytime I use the holder [which has been an extraodinary amount, LOL!] it makes me feel so great knowing it came from you. Thank you so so much. I hope you continue to feel better. And Happy Birthday to Elena!!

The Flake Race ended... and I think it was success... for that I am glad. I didn't make as many as I wanted, but I made -enough- I guess. I'll be making more in the next couple days for family members. I'll have to work on them in the coming year to get a jump start on X-Mas '06. Although, I am quite proud - I've nearly finished my first ball of Cebelia. I want to buy lots more thread... I'd like to make the Care Bears characters out of thread.. but have yet to find any good colors, save those of Jackie at Crochetville... Probabaly will end up going that route but it will have to wait until well after the holidays.

I'd also like to build up my rovings stash... I've got a great start thanks to Deneen, and today I used the rest of my parent's Christmas money for me to buy a bit more... [This crappy pic was shot with my cell. Eek!] This is eight ounces of natural colored 100% wool from Brown Sheep Co... it's soft. I can't wait to spin it... I felt bad, buying myself something so beautiful when I haven't done any Christmas shopping of my own - but my parents wanted receipts.

The glass hooks came. They're gorgeous and I'd post pics, but Kris wouldn't let me see them for longer than 30 seconds to make sure they're not broken.

All but one of the gifts I sent out for elfings posted thank yous. That's over 90%, which I figure is a good success rate. I'm hoping the other package arrived, though, since I sent it some time ago.

I signed up for the wool swap at the 'Ville. With all the drama, I am leary, although I hate to admit it. I hope it's successful; I'm excited about getting and giving some nice yarn... I have already been drooling over the prospects.

I'm so spaced right now - my mouth is still fucking bothering me [more than a week later!!] I'm suffering, using prescription strength numbing gel and taking a Vicodin if it starts to really bother me... the thing is, it's *healing* really well, it just hurts like crazy. Make sense?? I think that's why I'm trying to cram a million and a half things into this post - I've missed you guys. But, I think for your sake, and mine, I'm going to go to bed, and try to get in another post before the end of thee week with all the *other* crap I wanted to say.

Night. Hugs.

*yawn...*

5 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

ditto on folks' attitudes.

I signed up for the Winter Wool swap, too!!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Ro said...

Merry Christmas, Nat!!!

hugs!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Donts stress!!!!
Merry Christmas girl...

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry (late) Christmas!

Sorry that your mouth is still bothering you. I had my wisdom teeth removed last year (around this time as well). It was not a very good experience. They healed well (like yours) but, the pain was intense. Hang in there!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now i have to go back and look and make sure I thanked you for the notecards and snowflake.
If I didn't thank you so much and sorry I spaced it off.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home