Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Beautiful Crappy Day

I went outside to warm up my car before work this morning, and was greeted with one of the most awful noises to ever meet my ears. It was this loud, high-pitched *grinding* type clammer that definitely signals something no good. So, I freaked out for a second. Then I called Kris, and frwaked out on him. Then I called my dad, and freaked out on him, and he let me drive his precious Jeep to work. :)

So I get to work - late, of course. My coffee tastes like shit - not enough sugar. I am not off to a good start. I work on shirts and then bagging and am just beginning to work out my icky mood when the phone rings. I hear a page saying it's for me, which strikes me as odd because no one knows my work number...

So I answer the phone, and it's Kris...who for some reason is not calling to tell me about my car. Turns out, my next door neighbor called him to let him know that my mom had to take my grandma to the hospital. Needless to say, I am by now freaking out once again, but Kris didn't know a lot...

My mom called me a little while later on my cell, to let me know that everything's going as well as possible. I guess my grandma was *raking her fucking leaves* when her heart started to race. Why in God's name an 85 year old woman was raking her leaves when her two sons live on the same damn block is totally beyond me. She's totally stubborn like that - she'll sneak around doing her work so no one can do it for her.


But anyways - racing heart. My grams has heart "issues" for awhile. There's not technically anything wrong, per se, but she has high blood pressure and an old heart, along with a *strong* tendency to overreact. Not a great combo... when she feels like there could be slightest thing wrong, instead of being calm and rational she panics, which worsens the situation...

And I feel like this is what probably happened today. She overdid herself on the lawn and then got all worked into an anxiety attack... My mom and sis said her heart was just flying, and they could not get it back down. Last I'd talked to my mom, the docs were giving her some meds to slow her heart rate, they were waiting for her to be admitted.

I know that everything is going to be okay but I am still just very upset over the whole day. To make matters even worse, the bad noise on my car is the AC compressor, a $280 part. FUCK!!! Fuck fuck fuck. It has just been one of those days. My mom says I should wait for Grams to get a room before I go see her, since right now there are like 4 people there with her, but I don't wanna wait.

I think I will go burn one then go buy a large print word-hunt book... My grandma loves those, and I know she will going nuts in the hospital as soon as Emeril is over tonight.

Hugs

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

When it rains, it pours.....Sorry about your Grandmother, I'm sure she was scared. Be a good granddaughter and spend some time with her.

Bummer about the car, sucks actually. Doesn't Kris fix cars for a living??????

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home