Tuesday, October 11, 2005

[Supposed to be Posted Last Night]

Well...

...No word from the cleaners. :( I was really hoping they'd call today to tell me I had the job. Oh well. I'm thinking about applying at our competitor's, the one where our old manager and stock guy are going. I wanted to get away from all the health food weirdos but a job's a job.

On a *totally* unrelated note, I bought some roll on wax tonight at work. It's this stuff, by Parissa, which I've heard good things about and sells well at our store. But - I've never waxed before!! [Which is why I got the roll on, I am hoping it's dummy proof.] Is it awful? Am I going to make myself cry? Any tips for a first time waxer?? I'm scared - but I despise shaving - so I'm willing to give it a go. I'll have to update once I try it; after reading the directions, I've decided to definitely start with a leg, since it's a distinct possibility I may rip off several layers of skin. :)

I have finished projects!! Yes, that's even plural - woo hoo!! These have already debuted on our beloved Crochetville, but here they are again!! [Announcer voice]Show them the crochet! [/Announcer voice]

Before fulling This is what the yarn in my last post wanted to be. It's a fulled hobo bag from my own pattern. In all honestly, I really like the pattern, and I *love* the bag, but when I come back to it I can see where I'd like some changes to be made. I'd like to get my hands on some Lamb's Pride Bulky After fullingfor next go-round, but I have to have the money first. This fulled up to be rediculously soft, and I know when I carry this purse it will be an experiment in self control to keep from petting it all day. It's that soft. I hope I don't screw it all up putting in the lining. I figure the simplest way to do it will be to basically make the same bag from fabric, then sew it in, right? I'm really hoping the zipper won't be a nightmare, and that I'm feeling confident enough to add a couple pockets. Pockets are a must, because I really want to carry this bag.

The Un-SeraphinaI can also finally reveal my *finished* Not-So-Seraphina Shawl! This picture does not do this shawl justice, but I haven't had the opportunity to take a better one, and I think my batteries must be dying because my camera has been fussy lately.Close up This shawl look gorgeous on! It's a stash buster project, and used up two big cakes of mint green 1450 ypp cotton chenille. My mom loves it, and I love that she loves it!

I used the beginning of the Seraphina pattern exactly, and stopped when the pattern rows began. [If the site didn't take so long to load, I could tell you what you I stopped at, but I'm pretty sure the last row I did as called for was row 6.] Anyways - ! Instead of starting the repeat rows, I just worked in solid dc. Her pattern sets you up with a beginning V-st, after which you ch1, then work 1 dc in previous row's ch1-sp. I did all that. Then, instead of doing the 3 dc rib and increasing shells and all that - I just dc'ed across to the next shell she'd established. *I put a dc in the ch1-sp from the previous shell, then ch1'ed and made the shell as usual. I ch1'ed after the shell, made a dc in the previous row's ch1-sp, then dc'ed across again... Repeat from * two more times, then dc across, dc in ch1-sp from previous row, ch1, and finish with V-st. I hope that made sense, I am super sleepy right now, and starting to worry my computer isn't going to let me make this post... Agh.

Gotta crash! Good night! Hugs!

[I wrote this last night before my computer started acting all slow and wonky and like it didn't have internet. Stupid thing.]

7 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

I want that bag pattern! I love it.

Waxing hurts like hell. I hate shaving, but made the mistake of deciding to wax my bikini line. I bought a "Poetic Waxing" kit, which I used for my eyebrows and loved. Well, let me tell you. It hurt so bad and left a bunch of broken blood vessels like a damn freaking hickey in my crotch. Which, of course, looked worse than a hairy bush. For your legs, make sure the hair is long enough (it's easier if it's long) to wax, or it will be pointless.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are both beautiful! Love how the shawl turned out and REALLY LOVE the bag! Looks like the perfect size! Would love to have the pattern if you're willing to share!

Tandi from C-Ville

12:35 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

What a lovely shawl! And the bag is gorgeous too!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your projects look wonderful. I love the shawl! I can see why your mom would love it. The bags are wonderful. Good luck with the job hunt.

2:50 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Your shawl is awesome!! I want to make one. Thanks {she said with sarcasum and sincerity, if you can imagine.}
~ DAWN

3:10 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Destashing? *perk* Reallllly? :)

I think that by the time the monster is done it may very well have a bit of yarn from just about everyone I know in it.

Let me know if you do end up with any scraps, I'd send you some $$ for postage!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your just simply talented! I am so envious...to be able to design your own patterns or to start off on one pattern and work it totally different to make such a beautiful shawl...I love the Seraphina but you've done well with an alternate that is beautiful too! As are all the things I've seen that you have made.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home