Wednesday, October 12, 2005

She Called

The lady from the cleaners called. She wants to hire me.

I'm thrilled, and panicking... I work such oddball hours right now, it's *very* hard to get me in there to train until after my two week's notice period... I have no idea how many hours/days I'd be working, although we have discussed about 30... I havent changed jobs in such a long while that now I'm hesitant and nervous. Even if I hate it, I know the job I do now and I do it well. What if I suck at this new place, and then am just out of a job and SOL?? Like I said, panicking.

Plus, Kris won't answer his fucking phone so I can't tell him! Agh!

But - even more drama has occured at work, and now people are being positioned not on their skills [at all!!] but entirely on their connections. I have got to get out. Worse comes to worse... I am job hunting some more, and will try out that other health food store.

I have to try tohave to leave work early on Saturday so I can go train at this new job. They're gonna love that... :P

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Natalie! Just keep breathing and you'll do fine at your new job. :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Yay! Congrats on the new job! You'll do great at it! {{hugs}}

1:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats! It'll work out hun!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Yea Natalie! Good for you.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job! Go for it!

6:36 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

Yay! I know you can do it! :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Marvie said...

Congrats! Seriously, you can do this job =) Unless the dry cleaning business has changed dramatically in the last 12 or so years since I was in it, it's quite easy. You accept the clothes, check the pockets, write up the ticket, send 'em to the back where the mysterious dry cleaning thing happens, later you return the clothes and accept the money. Nuttin hard or scary to it! You'll be just fine! {{Hugs}}

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home