Saturday, October 15, 2005

First Day at the Cleaners

... and all in all, I'd say it went well. I tagged about 400 hundred shirts! The only thing that sucks is that my nails are weak and kept snagging on the really tough collar buttons. So, now I've got to file them down and remember to take my vitamins more!! I'm squeezed in all over the place there, besides still working regular hours at the health food store - so this week I think [know] will be a little nutty. But, at least they only have me doing shirts [and shirts and stinky shirts and lab coats and more fucking shirts!!] all this week. At least if I'm exhausted the worst thing that will happen is I staple my finger to the tag or buttonhole or something. And hey, that what those "pre-spot" tags are for, right? Next week I get to move onto the counter. Hoo-ray!

All in all, work-wise, this job is equal to or slightly easier than cashiering at the health food store. And I think people-wise, it will work out well, since everyone there seems really friendly. In fact, the owner even bought pizza for lunch today. Can you believe I forgot to ask when payday was? I really really *really* hope that it's once a week... For some reason I find it much more difficult to budget my funds getting paid every other week.

My sister got punched at her soccer game tonight, by a girl on the other team. How awful is that? I guess it didn't hurt, but I swear, my sister is not to be fucked with. Pity the person who pisses her off!! [At least they won!]

I have not been doing much crocheting... I'm hesistant to work on the sweater because I just don't know if I like it! I do still have some rose hemp that's been calling to me, I think I may make myself a beanie like Kris's out of it. Not sure if I'm up for the tiny hook action though. I want to crochet but I don't actually want to make anything. It's retarded.

I do need to also find some nice, bright hunter-orange cotton or cotton blend yarn. My dad's requested that I make him a "Boyfriend Hat" from Cozy Crochet to wear hunting. This particular pattern isn't very tight or head-hugging, which my dad likes because he hates stuff on his head. He got fired from a contruction company once because he refused to wear the hard hats. :) Any ideas for a good, disgustingly orange yarn? No wool or fuzz or anything too warm - my dad is a naturally over-warm fellow, that's why I'm thinking cotton would be nice. [Even though wool breathes and whisks moisture away from the skin, I know, I've made these arguements...]

Alright, I think I'm off to make brownies... no, not *those* kind of brownies! :) Hugs!

5 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Where to begin: glad your first day was good at the cleaners. Can't believe your sister got punched! Aren't they suppose to be using their feet? I get fickle with my crochet sometimes too. The right project will come along at the same time about 5 others do. Bright orange, huh? well the only thing that comes to mind is *gulp* Red Heart. But you could check out KnitPixie.com and see what they may have in cotton or bamboo. (Tomorrow I will post my bag *grin*)
~ DAWN

8:27 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Lookie, lookie:
http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=236

http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1312

~ DAWN

8:32 PM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

aww damn... i wanted some of *those* kind of brownies.. and look what you did.. you went and disappointed me ... lol

glad you had a good first day ..

1:10 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

What about KnitPicks Crayon in orange, or Shine in apricot? (The apricot isn't really bright.)

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a skein of Red Heart Super Save in Vibrant Orange that my husband swears is the same as hunter's orange. He's such a redhead he won't wear it, but my boys are getting hats out it.
Here it is... (their color pic really doesn't do it justice)
http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-010527__id-810__tab-1__page-7__perpage-__sortby-Alphabetically.html

I also found some pumpkin here:
http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-010526__id-810__tab-1.html

Hope that helps!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home