Saturday, October 22, 2005

Checkin' In

I'm doing alright. In fact, I'm quite enjoying having the entire weekend off... It's strange, I thought I wasn't going to know what to do with myself but I slept til noon, and have done nothing productive since and I love it. :) Monday I go to the cleaner at 10:30 and will work til 7:00 with a half hour lunch... I'll be starting on the counter. I think things are going to go well there. The manager seems to like me.

I haven't been doing any crocheting - except for the UFO that I finally picked up about a half hour ago. See, the thing is, there's a pattern I am *totally* yearning for... I want so badly to make it and I already have it all planned out - except I can't afford the fucking pattern. Not that it's expensive, I'm just flat broke. Next week, I'll be getting another paycheck; a small one from the cleaners, but a paycheck none-the-less. [Is that punctuated correctly??] This is the beginning of the switch to getting paid EO week to every week. It will be very nice. This week it sucks because I am broke - btu next week will feel like a 'bonus,' and I will treat myself to that pattern.

Until then, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm so bored with my stash - I've been wanting to dye some yarn, and even wound some into hanks last night but am just too lazy to do it! I want to buy new yarn but have no money. I've been trying to stay away from eBay but just keep wandering on over - not to mention knitpicks... Plus, this new job is super close to my favorite little yarn shop - ...have you any wool? Like, close enough to hit up on my only 30 mintue lunch break while still eating. Yikes!

Guess I will go back to that UFO for now... I am trying so hard to stash bust but none of it looks nice and I don't want to use it at all. :P And I know I have nice yarn, I just want new yarn. I have a crap load of baby yarn and no babies to make crap for - think I will have to offer that up for trade or something soon. [Anyone want some Bernat Satin? I think it's like 6 sk. mint green and 3 sk. baby yellow. It's soft. Make me a deal.] :)

Gotta run, Kris is home from work, and whiney cuz he's getting hungry and I haven't yet decided what I want to eat. Hugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home