Sunday, August 28, 2005

Econo-Shopper Mesh Bag, II

This bag is done from basically the same schematics, with a more open mesh pattern, and in a bigger size. I made the edging and handles from sc instead of hdc on this one - I haven't decided which I like more, but the difference between the two is slim, anyways. I used Aunt Lydia's Denim Cotton and a size "J" TOTC hook for this one. I've never worked with this yarn before and I really like it. It's a nice, smooth blend.


Here it is all loaded up with groceries:


And a picture of all the groceries it really did hold - it was almost too heavy for me to carry!!
For the record, that's:
- One regular sized box of Crispix
- One regular sized box of Cheez-Its [in a yukky flavor]
- One giant sized container of Miracle Whip, full
- One peanut butter jar half-full of bulk mixed nuts
- One box of taboule mix
- One can of potatoes
- One can of sliced peaches
- One can of cherry pie filling
- One 3/4 full 5lb jar of honey
- Two tomatoes
- Three boxes of Mac & Cheese
- A bag of bulk tea
- A bag of croutons
- A bag of cornbread mix
- A carton of 18 eggs

Basically, a whole shitload of groceries.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the pattern/schematics written up soon so I can get them tested and up here.

'Night!

4 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Maybe you need to crochet a cart to pull it in. Damn! very cool, though.
~DAWN

4:26 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Awesome! Great job!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! yes! yes! The best bag I've seen by far...way so!

I will be glad to test it for you...I am going to be eagerly watching for this pattern...love it! Love it! Just cannot say enough about how I crave this pattern!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I made this bag last summer and I love it! It scrunches up nicely to fit in my purse and holds all my goodies from my grower's market. Didn't have any problems working it up either. Only snag is, I've lost the pattern and can't find it on your old blog and don't see the actual patern here, only pics.Pleeeze post again!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home