Sunday, June 12, 2005

The good thing about...

... a weedy backyard like mine:
My Yard
is that I have an ample supple of clovers. Clovers are good for attracting fuzzy bumblebees, pissing off my dad, and crafting, among many other things. (Red clover tea is great to drink when you have a cold, for example.) Here's what I did with our clovers today:
Clover Wreath
Made a clover wreath! My grandma taught me to do this when I was really little with the daisies that grow wild up at out cottage, but I haven't made one in years. (Please ignore my busted-ass ring, I'm not a hillbilly - I haven't had the money to get it fixed yet and I just can't stop wearing it.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Okay, show off the pool looks nice and cool-just making me wish for next week to come even faster (in a way)

Elena would love to know how you made that (so would I). We have tons of clover in our yard too and just today Elena picked me a bouquet. It's on the counter in the kitchen in water. Anyway, she was begging her dad to let her pick some and he told her they were just weeds (in that disgusted, how dare they pop up in my lawn man voice). She told him they were pretty flowers and he told her they were weeds that happen to be flowers and to leave them alone. So, of course, she picked me a bunch cause she thought they were pretty. I would love to teach her how to make the wreath as a fun "summer" project (and I guess to aggravate her daddy).

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Chula Vista Drywall Contractors said...

Great reading your bblog

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home