Saturday, May 21, 2005

Where did it go?

My page rank is gone. I mean, it's zero. I thought it was four, or two, depending. Wonder why I suck now?

I *really* want one of those swingy skirts from Old Navy. SO bad! Went there today to grab a couple and they were all sold out! Total let down, plus they don't even have the style I want on the website! What the hell?? At least I picked up a cute bag on clearance for 5 bucks... It was time for a new purse, and I needed to spend some money, LOL!

So, I bought a memory foam mattress pad for my bed. Ever since Kris got his fabulous new pillow-top bed, mine has felt like a piece of shit in comparison. It's gotten to the point where I wake up with a backache...(Not sure if this is an unconscious mental thing - like I think about it so I make it worse - or if my bed really does suck.) I found one at Walmart for $60 and I had the cash so I bought it. (Side note - Shopping at Walmart makes me feel morally irresponsible. *frown*) The thing stinks a good deal right now and has filled my room with a weird foamy smell. (Luckily, I won't be sleeping there tonight.) At any rate, the thing is absolutely amazing to lay on, and hopefully will rectify the yukky bed issue.

Keeping on with the spending money theme... LOL, I guess I splurged a bit this week... I also ordered Melissa Leapman's new book, Cool Crochet, from Amazon. I was originally turned on by this review in Crochet Me, so I put it in my Amazon Wishlist. Then I saw this post at C'Ville and read the review by Amy. That was enough to convince me that I should have this book and so I went ahead and bought it. Woo-hoo! I can't wait til it comes, I'll let you know what I think when it gets here.

And going back to stores not having what I want - ! My JA's doesn't carry the new Rainbow Boucle yet! I'm so jealous of the beautiful Seraphinas that Bron and Drew have/are making... I want to make one too! *pout* Wish they had it on their website. Why do the websites not have the right products?? Once again, what the hell...

Pretty much the only crocheting I've done is a little work on a secret project, so I've not much to update in that department. I did, unfortunately, get the ugly poncho back... I was in such a hurry be rid of it that I didn't realize it was pretty un-functional... What's that about haste makes waste again?? Now I'm going to frog the bitch and turn it into a messenger bag... Needless to say I'm in no hurry to do that!!

Otherwise - still no improvement in the pal situation...I'm slowly gathering things for her and will be sending out a package in the next couple weeks - but it's not as much fun since I know she won't run to the 'Ville and post it, LOL. Oh well. I think I'm going to hold off on the Yarn Swap this round, too. I have a lot of yarn as it is, and I think I want to just buy for myself for a little while. I've been really selective about my yarn lately - not very much has been appealing to me.

I'm so jealous of both Dawn and Kari who are going on vacations... We were supposed to be going to NC the week after next - until we learned about the whole identity theft thing - which still isn't wrapped up, BTW! We're waiting for charges to be brought against him so he can be prosecuted, but aren't sure how long that will take. It's nuts. Get your credit report.

Anywho, I'm off to go "adjust my attitude..."

Enjoy your weekends, all. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

I sent you an e-mail (too much to write on the blog) ;)
~ DAWN

9:29 AM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

i have been wanting one of those foam pads too..now i am convincedi must have one.. and i have to ask where in NC were you going ? cause you know,, umm.. i am here LOL

11:20 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Natalie-

I want a few of those skirts too, but haven't gone to Old Navy yet. I am sooooo cheap when it comes to myself and clothes. I put off, hint to my husband and then practically bug the hell out of him til I find one thing.

Fiona is picking up a skein of the yarn for me. Ask her for you, she will! I must make that Seraphina for my mom for Christmas. I am soooo broke, I can't afford two.

Darn you, I want that Cool Crochet book, but yes, cheap once again. Let me know if you LOVE it and then maybe I'll get it. I'm sick of thinking I really want a pattern book and then when I see it, I'm disappointed.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Oh yes, I forgot, how do I find out my page rank?????

5:51 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

too bad about the skirts, hope you get them soon..
that seraphina shawl is so beautiful, hope you crochet one..

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home