Monday, May 30, 2005

Tired girl, I am.

Well, last night was dancing night. What a blast that was! We went to Tonic, a local nightclub. It's not the classiest place ever but it's nice and it was 18+, LOL. We finally got there at about 11, and spent an hour or so dancing. The music was pretty decent. The guys I wasn't so impressed with, I'm glad that I'm not out on the prowl cuz I would have been disappointed. Just after 12 my feet started killing me... The shoes I wore are NOT for dancing! Thankfully one of the girls' boyfriend showed up at about that time... Through some connections at his work he was able to get us VIP and to some couches! It felt so great to sit, LOL! By 1 I was starting to yawn, and ever the party pooper, I cut out shortly afterwards. The 20 minute drive home was lonely and bleary, not to mention slow driving at the speed limit, so I'm glad I left when I did.

Plus, I was up bright and early at 6:45 this morning... God, is that early. Why?, you ask... To go drown some worms. I tagged along fishing with my dad and Kris. We left a few hours later with about 20 panfish, more than enough for a great little afternoon treat. Kris does all the nasty work, then flours and frys the poor little fishies... I admit, I am one of those people who likes to live in denial about where their food comes from. Working at a health food store makes it difficult. Watching my hunny hack the heads of these bluegill makes it damned impossible. I really like that "meat" - to me - is stuff I buy on styrofoam trays at the grocery store and not the flesh of an animal.

So, ever since we got home I have been relaxing and trying to sneak in little cat naps whenever I can... I did whip up some berry shortcakes with fresh whipped cream, and that was probably the hightlight of my afternoon! Now, I think I'm off to pick up the Seraphina that I've been avoiding all day...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey natalie! boy do I remember those days...going out and dancing till your feet hurt!
just wanted to say hi!

sorry I've been offline, but I havent' forgotten you
your summer secret pal

just keep forgetting my secret yahoo account! it's so secret I forgot what it is. I hope this comment doesn't give me away!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

mmmm, berrycakes and Seraphina sound SO much better than worm catching and fish head hacking, LOL

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home