Friday, May 13, 2005

It's raining now...

a quenching rain that our lawns and flowers will love. It smells like dirt and spring and lilacs outside - YUM!

Hey Deneen! Welcome back, I've missed you! Glad to hear your trip was good!

Wow - I feel like I've gotten something accomplished today! Kris and I both took the weekend off, so we came home earlyish this morning to do some garage sale-ing with my dad - it's his (my dad's) birthday! He doesn't read my blog, but still, happy birthday Dad, I love you!!

Anyways, we went to a few sales and weren't very impressed, so we came home and Kris and my dad got into some work on the Mustang... So not my scene, so I took leave and went upstairs to play with my yarn, LOL! I got my second box from Melanie today, and I am in LOVE with this cotton chenille - so soft! The colors are great, too - exactly what I wanted. I love the satisfaction of a good buy!

So, I am unpacking the box, and I start to realize that my yarn has taken over a good deal majority of my floor space. EeeK! That led me to working on what turned out to be a much larger task than I'd originally intended - organizing the stash!! I'm not sure when I accumulated so much yarn, but somehow I along the way I've acquired a bona fide yarn stash, and it was *seriously* out of control...

So after much winding (note to self - buy a ball winder) and squishing, a little dusting, and a few hours, this is what my 'yarn wall' looks like:
Yarn Wall

I should mention that my room (the upstairs dormer) is also the only storage we have, hence all the little kids books. The truly amazing thing is how much freakin' yarn I was able to pack into this one Sterilite container - There are about 30 skeins in here!
Storage

I really wish I'd taken a before, and even scarier, a during piture... but I didn't think about it. OopS!

These are the newest additions to the stash - all the yarn I've gotten off Melanie this past week. Like I said earlier, I am really loving this cotton chenille... Don't get me wrong, I like the acrylic too, but the cotton is so soft... And the wool (on the left) was such a great buy, I couldn't resist, even if I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, LOL!
eBay Yarn


I even frogged about 7 WIP that had turned into UFOs, even though I didn't officially join in the UFO-along. Go, Me! There was a scarf that I started years ago (literally!), a couple lonely, abandoned squares, a hat that I hated when I started it, LOL... More winding - blech. But if felt good to rip 'em up, and get my floor back, too!

I do have a FO to show off... well, kinda finished... Here's my Gypsy Wrap, minus fringe:

I'm pleased with how it turned out, I think once I actually put the fringe on it will help weigh it down a bit more. I don't have a clue what to do with it, though... I don't wear shawls, and don't really know anyone who does, for that matter.

I'm a bit stumped about secret pals this round... I'd love to spoil my pal but I can't seem to get to know her... She doesn't have very many posts [at all] at C'Ville, and doesn't update her blog frequently... And to whine a little more - she wasn't terribly thorough with her form, the answers seemed hurried. So... I don't know what kinds of things to gather, and honestly (horribly) I'm not enthused about this round like I was the last... It's so hard to be when I have not a clue what she'd enjoy... I don't want to send a 'generic' package, but nothing jumps out at me and says "Ohh, [Blank] would love me!" Even the email I sent her (chatty, I think, but I'm biased, of course) didn't bring a warm response... UH. Maybe it will get better. :)

Anyways, we just cut a caramel apple pie *drool* for my dad's birthday, so I'm gonna go grab a slice... or two... :P

Happy Fridays, all!

4 Comments:

Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

natalie.. that wool is screaming for dye!!

i bought bunches.. and that is what i am going to do with it.. and then felt.. woohoo!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

You did such an awesome job on the love knot shawl!! Don't you just love doing that stitch? If nothing else, after you fringe it you could drape it over a table or chair or a decorative piece and of course if someone eyes it and you feel generous you could blow their mind by saying "take it, it's yours":)
**side note: I couldn't find the post where you *tagged* me:(
~ DAWN

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie,
I love the shawl. I am very impressed.

Cindy

5:12 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Your gypsy wrap is stunning. Great job! The fringe will add a good amount of weight and pull the stitches out nicely. It did for the jewel shawl I made. Great work.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home