Sunday, April 17, 2005

Death of a Worm

We went fishing today! Or rather, my dad and Kris fished and I huddled under a blanket. Not very many fish were caught and we don't save them, but Kris had a few good catches and it was a nice morning on the lake.


This was the first catch of the day, a big ass bass with a HUGE mouth. Then while toodling around the lake we saw this lovely diving for her (his?) breakfast:


We came to a little cove and that was where Kris hooked his next beautiful fish! This bass was a little smaller than the first, but gave him more of a fight coming in.


In that same cove we spotted this heron hanging out on the shore,


Look closely at the middle.

but scared him away with all commotion about Kris's fish. We were on our way out when we saw these swans on the shore.


We also spotted two muskrats but I wasn't able to get any good photos of them. Even though I was freezing the majority of the morning, I still had a good time playig photographer and spending some time on the boat.

We got home a few hours ago and my lack of sleep this morning is catching up with me - I can barely keep my eyes open to type this, so I think I'm going to take a nap...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jewels said...

OMG those fishing guys are crazy always getting up so early in the morning. I do understand the fish are hungry then, but can you imagine how CRAZY they would call us if we were getting up at 4 a.m. to start our crochet! LOL

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home