Wednesday, March 09, 2005

More about me than you ever wanted to know!

I've had a lot of fun responding to all these questions, some of them were pretty difficult! Thanks for thinking of them, everyone! So w/o further ado, here are my answers:

Questions from Rebecca:
1. What do you think your life will be like 5 years from now?
Well, in 5 yrs I'll be 24. Hopefully by then I'll be finished with college, although at the rate I'm going who knows! I'd like to be settled into some sort of job - this remains very open. Kris and I will probably have been married for a year or so by then, and might be getting ready to start a family, so hopefully we'll be settled into a nice house. I'd like to be in a nice neighborhood, close to where I am now so we can be by our families.

2. Is there one thing your parents did with you that you hated and will never do with your own children?
At this point I'm not stuck on the idea of children. I don't like them very much right now, I like to be able to give them back to their parents, LOL! I'm sure in a few years I'll be more maternally inclined and maybe ready to start a family, so when I do I think I'll be more looking to what my parents did as example of what to do instead of what not to do. I would like to say that I'd try not to ground my kids as much as I was grounded, but then I worry that karma will stick me with a child like myself and I think maybe not having kids wouldn't be so bad...

3. What's your favorite ice cream flavor and brand?
Definitely Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Heath Crunch. It's rediculously good. I'm also a big fan of sherbet, though.

4. If you could only choose one for the rest of your life, would it be office supplies or yarn?
Hmmm... that's a hard decision, but assuming I'd have the basic supplies I need for school, I would go with the yarn.

5. What is the most WIP's you've had going at one time?
Probably no more than ten. Usually I'm a one project type of gal, but I do have a few abandoned projects laying around at any given time.

Questions from Deneen:
1. What job do you see yourself having 5 yrs. from now?
Well, as I said in the answer to Rebecca's #1, this is a big, fat question mark for me. My mom and I have been playing around with the idea of opening a teahouse, and that's something I would really love to do. It would give me an opportunity to do a little bit of all the things I like. I also think being an OnStar operator or concierge (sp?) would be fun! I do know that I need to make a lot of money, and I don't want an office job. I'd like to have a career that's flexible enough that if I do have a family, I won't have to put my children in daycare.

2. What celebrity do you secretly find to be a hottie?
Eminem. He's so so hot.

3. What's your favorite book and why?
I have about 20 favorite books, but I think the one I've read the most out of those is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I've honestly read this book at least 30 times, my copy is literally falling apart. I don't know why I like it so much, maybe I had a crush on Ponyboy when I was younger...

4. What do you ocnsider your greatest asset?
Definitely my people skills. Hard to explain, but I've always been told that I communicate really well, and it helps out a lot as a cashier and even more when I was a waitress! It's helped me get the guys I want, the jobs I want, and to make the wonderful friends I have. I've met so many people who are so intelligent but have no social skills, or who are so gorgeous but can't keep a conversation going, and I think that being able to do that is definitely my best asset. (That felt like a Miss America question!)

5. If you could change one thing about your boyfriend, what would it be and why?
When I first read this question, I immediately knew my answer, and I haven't been able to think of another one! I wish that Kris wuold quit smoking. He did really well for several months when I first quit, but now he's back to smoking at least five cigarettes a day. Compared to his former pack and a half a day habit, this is cutting down A LOT, but I still wish that he'll just quit all together. He's gone on the patch before, and was okay thru the 21mg, but when he went down to the 14mg they made him sick so he stopped putting them on. Lately I've been thinking it's time to try again!!

Hard questions from Andrea, LOL!:
1. Do you belive in God, and if so, why?
I'm honestly not sure of my answer to this question. Although my mom and dad were both raised in very religious households, that didn't carry over into our family. I didn't go to church very often as a kid and my sis and I were both given the freedom to believe whatever we wanted. So far, I've figured out that I don't care for religion and that I do believe there is something out there. I think the common concept of God is manmade and I don't agree with it. However, I don't think that we're all just random, either, I do believe there is some sort of energy out there somewhere. I guess you could say that I consider myself a spiritual person but not a religious one.

2. Do you believe in Evil? If so, what is an example of evil?
I believe in the capacity to commit evil acts, not Evil as an entity. I think that Hitler was an evil person - I think that things occuring around us today are evil...

3. If you knew you going to develop an allergy, and were able to chose one thing for this allergy *not* to be, what would that be?
Tricky, Andrea! Chicken, maybe, or gluten, I would HATE to be gluten-free. So many people with gluten allergies shop at my work, and the carbs they eat taste like shit. I like bread and pasta and cookies WAY too much!

4. Approximately how many Sharpies do you own?
25-ish, I'd guess.

5. If a fairy godmother appeared and said she'd grant you one wish, what would that wish be? What if the wish had to be frivolous?
My serious wish would be to to have a contented, satisfying, happy life for me and my family. That's a good catch-all wish, wouldn't you say, LOL?
My frivolous wish would be to have a 427 Shelby Cobra, my dream car.

Questions from Ro:
1. If you suddenly had a fairy godmother who could grant you any one wish you wanted, what would you ask for? A wish for you: not "world peace" or anything like that, just something for yourself or your life.
Hmm, besides happiness and my Cobra? How about a never ending free supply of yarn!

2. If you could have your dream job, what would it be and why?
Well, as I said above, I'd LOVE to run a teahouse with my mom. She'd be the best business partner, and it would be great to work for ourselves. I would be around things and people I love, doing things I love. I'd also like to open my own LYS... I think I'd like to try to work for myself.

3. If you could crochet only one item for the rest of your life, what would yu pick and why?
I'd have to go with afghans on this one, because they offer the most opportunity for change within one item. By using different colors, stitches, and sizes, I could crochet balnkets my whole life and not make two of the same. I don't know if I could say that about any other crocheted item.

4. If you were insanely wealthy and wanted to chose a charity to benefactor, what would it be for?
Well, I know I'd like to keep my money locally and help out my community. Ideally, I would be able to spread the wealth around, and donate to places like my county's Haven for battered women and children, the Judson Center for troubled/abused kids, Children's Hospital of Mich. and the Mich. Humane Society. If I had to chose only one though, this is really hard! but I think I would go with a place like Haven, because I know women whose lives have been changed by having them as a refuge.

5. If there was one thing that you wished your mom had understood about you when were a pre-teen, what would it have been, or did she understand it and how did it help you?
Oh man, Ro, good luck with the little one. Just glancing thru my journals from that stage would terrify you, they are full of "my mom's such a bitch" and "I hate my mom" and "my mom grounded me" etc etc! But really, I wouldn't have asked her to do anything different. I hated that my curfew was earlier than my friends' but now I'm the one in collge and those "friends" are unemployed and on their way to alcoholism. It bothered me that she was so snoopy, but now I know that she cared about me and wanted to know I was okay, and had no other way to find out. I guess I would just say talk to her, sometimes she won't want to talk back to you, but it all ends up okay. My mom's one of my best friends now.

And finally, questions from Mitzi:
1. What sitcom is your family most like?
Oh gosh, I don't know! I don't watch a lot of TV. Maybe we're like the family from That 70's Show, except my mom's a lot cooler than Kitty, LOL, she's actually probably more like Midge if you've ever seen the show. And I'd be Laurie, the slutty troublemaker (although I'm not slutty) and my sis would be like Eric, the neutral-ish young'un. Although she's not a stoner. So that's kind of a shitty answer but the best one I could think of.

2. Mikey is adorable! How long have you had him and how did you get him?
Thank you! We've had Mikey just over four years now. The whole thing originally began when a couple at my mom's old work (a bowling alley) brought a Malty-Poo mix in that they were petsitting. Well, that couple ended up buying a dog of that same breed because they liked it so much after petsitting. My mom soon got hooked on their dog, and she got in touch with the breeder the couple had gotten it from. Turned out the breeder had just birthed a litter of Maltese-Shitzu mixes, so my mom went to check them out, and that's how we ended up with Mikey. He doesn't shed, how great is that?

3. Congratulations on your March anniversary with Kris - are there wedding bells in your future? 4 years is a long time - how did you two meet?
Thank you again! I can't believe it's four years already, it seems so weird to me. Although, truly, it's closer to our 2.5 yr anniversary, because we weren't "official" for a long time at the beginning. The whole story of our meeting is very Jerry Springer-ish: I was best friends with his younger sis and totally fell for him. Except, then I was only 15 and he was 20 (which seems like a much bigger gap then 19 to 24) and his sister didn't know... so we fooled around on the DL for a long time until she found out and stopped talking to me. Him and I still were "together" although his sis made that very difficult... Finally she gave up or grew up or whatever and got over it, and then we were able to be a "real couple." The totally odd thing is that my best friend since kindergaten is dating Kris's little brother, and his little sis is with a guy that's been a close friend of mine for years!
As far as getting married, I'd say that's definitely going to happen but now for awhile, I want to be able to at least drink the champagne toast at my wedding! PLus, I'm going to school and everything, so we're not in any huge hurry.

4. I used to work in HR at Tree of Life in Bloomington, IN - they produce natural food products - do you carry any of their items in that health store you work at? And are you a health food fanatic or is it just a J-O-B?
Actually TOL is one of our biggest distributors, along with Stow Mills/United Naturals. We carry a lot of their products! As for job vs. lifestyle, I'd say at this point it is still just a job. I love Taco Bell, I eat Wonder Bread, and I drink soda. I do take supplements, and have made a big effort to eat healthier since working there, but I'm not into it like some of my co-workers are.

5. Detroit is a big place - how do you stand out from the crowd?
Well, I don't live in Detroit, I'm really like about 20 miles north of Detroit, and the difference is like night and day. I'm honestly not very fond of the city - I like to go there for baseball games and to go to the museums, but that's it. I'm much more comfortable going north farther into the suburbs than south into the city. My town is almost totally opposite from Detroit - it's only 2.4 miles sq, and very suburban. There are actually people who have picket fences, all the lawns are manicured, and I know at least one person on every single block. It's one of those places "where everybody knows your name," LOL, so it's easy to stand out here.

Now, who do I owe questions to?

Rebecca:
1. What is the single most important thing you have ever learned?
2. If you could change one thing about your life, would you? What would it be?
3. If you were to add an eleventh commandment, what would it be?
4. What made you fall in love with your hubby?
5. What things about your family are you most proud of? Least?

Deneen:
1. If you confessed the most abnormal thing about your life, what would you say?
2. What is the least amount of money you would accept to never have sex again?
3. If you could make one change to make life easier for women everywhere, what would it be?
4. You must eliminate one day from the week. Which day do you chose, and why?
5. What would the title to your autobiography be? Why?

And Mitzi, even though you didn't ask for them I am giving you some anyways:
1. If you could "uninvent" one thing in the world so that it had never existed, what would it be? Why?
2. What is the most comforting thing you have in your home? Explain.
3. Tell us about what you consider to be your biggest or best contribution to the world.
4. In what ways did you most worry your parents as a child?
5. If tomorrow you have an absolutely perfect day, what happens?

I'm off to shower now, I should be back with some crochet updates and pics later.

By the way, THANK YOU REBECCA! for my lovely new button! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Ro said...

Great answers Natalie! I had to laugh when you used the phrase "On the DL" because that means something entirely different in my house, where everything is a baseball reference; DL stands for Disabled List in baseball and also other things in my household but not the original phrase LOL I'm making no sense! But I have an excuse, they painted our basement with water resistent paint today and it's making me woozy!

You and your mom TOTALLY have to open a tea house so I can go there!!!!!! I'll be your best customer I promise!

hugs
Ro

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ro said...

Great answers Natalie! I had to laugh when you used the phrase "On the DL" because that means something entirely different in my house, where everything is a baseball reference; DL stands for Disabled List in baseball and also other things in my household but not the original phrase LOL I'm making no sense! But I have an excuse, they painted our basement with water resistent paint today and it's making me woozy!

You and your mom TOTALLY have to open a tea house so I can go there!!!!!! I'll be your best customer I promise!

hugs
Ro

4:45 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I answered your questions Nat

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home