Thursday, March 03, 2005

It's Thurs. already?!?

Where the hell did this week go??

It's my spring break at school right now, and since the daytime cashier is in Texas this week I am picking up a lot of extra hours at work. I think I'll actually come close to 40 this week, which is like having a whole extra work week thrown on my paycheck. I'm gonna need it, 'specially since I got a new credit card...

I know, bad me, but my old card was at almost 15% APR and get this - the new one is ZERO! And it's not an introductory rate or anything either, as long as I keep the balance under $250 (which is the limit on the card!) I keep the 0%, no strings! So, my old card is in retirement, and I've done an excellent job of breaking in this new card... Haven't even hit any of my LYSs yet, either!

I did get two pounds of cone yarn though! I bought some organic cotton to make some small things to sell to my work, like washcloths and bath mitts, etc. One cone is natural colored 10/2 thread (thin! more than 4200 yyp!) and the other is of some 3/2 buffalo colored yarn (about sportweight). The cotton is grown colored, so there's no dye or chemical treating, it's called Fox Fibre. Check it out at Near Sea Naturals, I'm drooling over the cotton chenille they have.

So, since yesterday when I got the yarn, I've been busy winding, and I've had a chance to make two washcloth prototypes already. One is baby sized and one is a little bigger, I used four strands of the thread held together and they turned out really nicely. I'm going to bring them into work with me tonight and show them to Mary, our bodycare buyer. I'm not at all sure what to chage, we have hemp ones that retail between $8-$20, but they're not organic...I'm thinking I should sell them for like $4 for the smaller ones and $5-6 for the bigger ones? Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon.

I've also finished the star blanket and a little hat to match it. It turned out really cute, I am definitely gonna be making a few more of these in different color schemes before I send out a package. But my blankie making progress has been thwarted by the washcloth making endeavor, and by a wrap I'm working on for my mom. I'd bought some homespun in the rainbow-y colorway, I can't think of the name right now, to make poncho for a co-worker. Well, she didn't really like it, so instead of returning it, I decided to make a cozy wrap for my mom. It's turning out great and I love the subtle striping, I'm about halfway thru with it and hope to have it done with pics by the weekend.

I also got my yarn swap partners today, I can't wait to start buying for them, I have a few different things in mind and will have to check on some prices before I start buying anything.

I feel like I have a lot of work to do with here! I really am seriously thinking baout revamping the look of my blog, but that's gonna take some work for my since I have absolutely no idea where to start!! And I have a bunch of buttons I need to save to photobucket and get up in the sidebar, along with some changes I'd like to make to my wishlist. I really want to try the felted soap project I saw posted over at C'Ville, but I can't find rovings close by. I keep debating buying some from eBay or something, but I only need an ounce or so to start out with, and then you end up paying more for shipping than for the stupid rovings! So, I'd like to add that to my list, and make a couple other changes while I'm at it.

O-Tay, I gotta go to work... YUK... But once I get there it's not really so bad, and I will be LOVING my paycheck! Bye bye!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank for the NearSea Naturals link. I was just thinking about trying to do something with organic yarn.

Cindy

4:40 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Hi Natalie-

I'm sending you some roving to try to make the soap. It'll go out today. Let me know how it goes.

Deneen

9:36 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Thanks for that link also, good luck with the washcloth sales at work...I hope you do really well with it.

~DAWN

10:02 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

Hello Natalie! Thanks for stopping by. :)

I hope you're having a good spring break... I'm sorry it's over so fast! Mine isn't for another week... and I don't actually get a break. In fact, I'll have more to do, since I've signed up for a morning writing seminar all week. :P

;)

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home