Thursday, February 10, 2005

Well, I felt like I should post, but I don't really know what to say.

I haven't been crocheting much. Really, I don't feel like I've been doing much of anything, certainly I haven't been doing my homework... Really gotta start getting on that, but every time I go to grab a book or something I always find something better to do (like it's really that hard!).

I miss having an English class. I used to write a lot but lately I haven't even been journaling. I'm lazy about tranferring my credits from Univ. to Comm. College, so my current school shows me as not taking any english pre-reqs. In reality, I've taken classes that would equal their second or maybe even third year of english... There's a children's lit class I would love to take here, and a poetry class, too - I'm always up for a poetry class, but then I think about that thing called a degree that I'm s'posed to be working towards, and wonder if I ever will get there taking all these electives... especially since I still don't even know what I want to major in.

I guess I don't feel like I'm ready to grow up. I mean, I look at it like: I'm not even able to walk into a bar and buy a drink, so how the hell do I know what I want to do with the rest of my life? And I'm supposed to have it all figured out and be done with school in two years? Yeah, riiight... But, I don't want to live at home forever, I want to get a place with Kris, sooner rather than later... and to pay rent requires a real job, which requires an education... I feel stuck. I HATE this community college, to me it feels like H.S. all over again, and I was NOT very successful in H.S. And so far, I've not been very successful here either, it's just too easy to not do the work or not show up for class (not that that's an excuse...).

So that has been my state of mind lately, I think I may be PMS'ing really badly this month, cuz I've been so down in the dumps the last few days. Kris was sick today and came home from work early, poor hunny. He is one of those types who usually never takes sick time, in his two and half years at his job he's called in only once. So, when he called to say he leaving I knew he must really be feeling bad. Our afternoon was spent laying around watching soaps until I had to go to work at four.

The one productive thing we did today was buy a bed... I have known Kris for four and a half years and the whole time he has been sleeping on futon mattresses - plus he has back, neck, and shoulder problems. (If you've ever slept a few nights in a row on a futon mattress, you'll know why!) So today with his income tax return, we went and bought a nice full-size pillowtop mattress set. We wanted a queen but it would've taken up his entire room, plus his entire return! It will be delivered on Saturday morning, so tomorrow I'm going out shopping for a dust ruffle (that's what they're called, right?) and a new celebratory sheet set, LOL. I'm so excited for him, and us, it's a little landmark - our first big furniture purchase!

I feel pretty pathetic that the high point of my day was buying a bed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ro said...

Congratulations on your purchase, Natalie! That is very cool. It's a big deal, owning 'grown up' furniture! Please don't be so hard on yourself for not being sure what you want to do...you're a young'in yet, you've got time :)

Hope Kris is feeling better, and hope that the blue mood will pass soon. I think it's this Michigan winter. I know I'm ready for it to be flipping Spring, already...
hugs!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Don't stop going to school! I stopped and started and it took me 17 years to graduate!! It all sounds fun, but being "grown up" has it's definite negatives!! Have fun, finish school, hang out, the real world comes soon enough!!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home