Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Just a quickie

Well, I've been busy crocheting and getting boxes ready to mail these last couple days. I finished up that baby granny 'ghan, the finished size is 24" square.

Here's a close up, just in case you've never seen the granny stitch before, LOL...


I've also made great progress on my second blanket for the Little Blankies CAL, one made using Beth's Little Star pattern. (thanks to Marvie for helping out with a link to that pattern!) I really love this blankie, although the way the points are curling makes it looks starfishy, but that's okay!

I'm hoping I will have this finished up by tomorrow, then will start on a lavendar one with more yarn from Bunny's stash. I've decided that these will be going to Children's Hospital in Detroit, because that's where I had my surgery when I was a baby! My mom says one of the best pediatric neurosurgeons in the country operated on me there. So, I'm really glad to be sending them my things, thank you so much to Ro for hooking me up with an address!

Also...

Congratulations to Deneen, who won my first ever blog contest! Not only was she the only one who ventured an answer, but she was correct, too! Her package was one of those that will be mailed out tomorrow, click here if you'd like to see what she won! Thanks for playing along, Deneen, I hope you enjoy your prize!

I'll also be mailing out my secret pal's second package tomorrow, but of course, I can't give away details!! I'll just say that I think I had more fun with this box than the last, and I'm sure she will love it! In other secret pal news, I've recently received two lovely letters from my pal, she's just so sweet!! She says her next package is coming soon, and I'm so excited!

Alright, I'm off to float around the 'net a bit before bed, g'nite all!

8 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Yeah, first time I ever won anything!! I don't even own any TOTC hooks. I'm doing the charity CAL too and very excited about it. I want to start the star afghan too, yours looks great!!!

Thanks Natalie

7:50 AM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

i like your blanket all "star fishy" its cute like that !!

11:51 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

So that's a granny square!(hehe)
I like the 'starfish' blankie. Too cute. When do you have a contest, and where was I? Congrats Deneen:)
~ DAWN

1:00 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

those are beautifull..I love the granny..I made my first granny throw a few weeks back..
Have a great Friday..

9:21 PM  
Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

Thanks for all the nice compliments everyone! I really love to come here and find your comments.

Dawn, I had the contest on Sunday, you even left a remark, must've just stopped reading before the end, it was a rather lengthy post, sorry bout that...

I promise I will have another soon, so keep on the lookout!

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Natalie I adore that starfish star I wish you could tell me how you got it to do that. I realize you might not have meant for it to be that way but it's soo adorable like that.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie it's working doing those chains loose is making it curve it's looking great. Thanks so much.

6:31 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

I meant to comment earlier, but I think I must have been lazy... (either that, or rushed). I think it's really cute the way the starfish arms are curling! (If you figure out what did it, maybe you should write up your own version! ;) )

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home