Monday, January 31, 2005

Spending Money...

...Is just way too easy, especially when it all comes at once! When it rains, it really does pour...

For the last several weeks I've felt broker than broke, due to holiday recovery, tuition/books, and my hours at work being hacked. I've been on a spending freeze, not buying any yarn, patterns, books, basically anything for myself besides gas and food. So, I was in total anticipation of last Friday, cuz it was my payday and I was going to allow myself a yarn purchase... I get home from class, and what is waiting for me but my income tax returns!! Woo-Hoo!!

So, all weekend long I shopped and shopped, spent soo much money, close to $400 not including my bills. I bought myself 6 skeins of Lamb's Pride wool, and I feel like that is the only thing I have to show for my money! Of course, it is not, but I bought a bunch of small things, some things for RAOK's, car washes/vacuums for me and hunny, dinner at a really nice place, some things for my secret pal's gift, and my money was gone! Usually I am so thrifty, but this was like *bonus* money for me, and I had fun blowing it! I can't wait to send my pal her package, cuz I know she's gonna love it...

I forgot, I did buy myself a bike tho! I've been wanting one for awhile, and yesterday at Walmart they had a big sale, 1/2 off all the clearance stuff. Well, it just so happens the bike I'd been eyeing for awhile, normally $120, was marked at a clearance price of $45! So I got the bike I WANTED for only $23!! Even for my frugal self that is an amazing deal, and I'm so tempted to ride thru the snow just to use my new bike...

Then, today I check my mail, and I have another fat check!! My financial aid has FINALLY gone thru! I received the first of two checks today, paid my mom back most of what I owe her, and now I feel like I have money again! It's so weired how it works out, I go from having no cash to acquiring over a grand in like 4 days... Of course, I don't actually have much left... But it is just funny how God works sometimes...

I finished my Lopi bag last week, fulled it, and it turned out really nice for the most part. I love the size and shape, might trim the straps down a little cuz they turned out longer than I'd intended. The wool is really really hairy, and I had to comb it to get chunks out. There's really only one problem: the pillowcase came open in the wash... I washed it with suede shoes... and now there are little tiny bits of suede embedded in my bag, and it looks just like it has BAD dandruff... I tried picking them out, but that is just not happening... I'm not sure how to get it out, the wool is so hairy, and I don't want to carry a bag with flakes...!

Now, I've decided to devote myself to hats for awhile... I'm ashamed I haven't made any for the charity along yet, so that's my next goal, to get at least five done and donated.

Talk to ya soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Natalie,
I have every Ani CD. No lie, so I would really love to make you a CD with a bunch of different songs on it. If you are interested just e-mail me your address and I will get on it (I don't mind really). "Little Plastic Castles" is a really good one to start with and I also recommend "Out of Range".
I didn't know they made ginger chews, I'll have to check that out, thanks.
~ DAWN

7:20 PM  
Blogger Tàri Nienna said...

Way to go Natalie!

It feels so go to spoiled our self... mainly when you can be proud of a good bargain at the same time.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home