Monday, January 03, 2005

Learning

Woo-Hoo!! I've figured out how to get my picture up! Now I just have to develop all my film... ... ... and I will have pix to share, LOL!

Tonight I began work on a poncho I am keeping all for myself, my first poncho ever. (I know, I am a little behind on the poncho trend, making one now that they may or may not be out of style...) I've decided to use TLC's Amore in Garnet, and was inspired by this poncho made by Barbara over at Crochetville. It'll be made up of extended single crochet, since sc is way too slow and I have something against dc. This is the first time I've played with Amore though, and am LOVING the way it works up!!

I also got an email from Bill at TOTC, letting me know that he's mailed out the two newest additions to my hook family. This time I've got the N #2 and the 13mm #1 coming. I'm so excited! I just cannot rave about these hooks enough, and after I get these two, I will have all the sizes he makes from H through 13mm, which are my most frequently used sizes. So far, I've gotten only the cocobolo and cherry, but may have branch out to some other woods once I complete my current collections.

In other crochet news, I mailed out the little card today for a subscription to Crochet! magazine. Hopefully I'll like it, I can't seem to find it anywhere around me to check out first, so I went ahead and took the plunge into subscribing. I can't seem to find very many crochet related publications around me, it's a bummer! That's why I'd really love for the Pattern Swap to take off, I would love love love to get some new patterns! But no one else seems to really be interested, I guess I will just have to amass my own collection...

Tomorrow will be DAY II of the official job hunt. My witch of a boss at work holds a grudge against me, and is just cutting off my hours. I have to find a job before I don't have one anymore!! It's so stupid, because I really love the majority of my co-workers and enjoy my job and my customers, and would have been a loyal employee for awhile of not for The Witch. I only make $8 an hour, but it is so hard to find a job that starts at that with the experience/education I have that isn't hard labor! And I already feel so broke I couldn't possibly take less, guess I will just have to ease up on the yarn buying for awhile... :(

1 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Can't wait to see how your poncho turns out! Hope all goes well at work....even if you have to slow down on the yarn buying, you can still have fun collecting patterns on the web and gathering ideas from Crochetville. Have a good day!
~ DAWN
www.wildyarn.blogspot.com

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home