Saturday, January 15, 2005

Grr.

I'm in a spiteful, bitchy mood today.

The Witch from work is screwing with my schedule again, and I'll be working only 10 hours next week. I seriously need to find a new job. OH, how I wish one of my yarn suppliers was hiring, I don't care if it was a JA's or a LYS...I just need a new job.

Hearing about deserters at Crochetville is upsetting...

On an up note - Kari from Dogwood Dreams (over there, to the right for a link) has received my package! I sent her some Burt's Bee's stuff and a few other things I thought she would like, and I am so glad to hear that she has received it and likes it!

AND - !

I can't believe I forgot - I finally finished the damn poncho. My first one! It took too long but only cuz I kept stopping. I've received so many compliments! It made it's debut on Thursday night, right after I finished it, at the bowling alley. My co-workers loved it! It's a little oversized and the fringe is asymmetrical, so I guess it could be classified as hippie-ish. The Amore yarn is sooo cozy and warm! Then I wore it to work again today, and 2 of my regulars who are couture, latest-Louis Vuitton types complimented me on it - one even asked where I got it! I swear I will post pics soon.

Now my problem is - how do I wash this thing? I HATE washing by hand, but will do it to save this poncho. Have any of you ever washed Amore?

Currently I'm working on a hat made with sock yarn. I guess you could say it's my own pattern, since it's not made with a pattern, I was just screwing around and it's what ended up happening. There's a granny square type flower in the top and then the yarn self stripes all the way down...

Guess I'll have to post pics of that too, as soon as I finish it up.

I bought myself a ball of Divine last night, the creamy color. Whenever I don't know what I want to buy I end up with cream yarn. I don't know why, I seem to gravitate towards it! I think I want to make myself the cloche from this season's LB catalog out of it, but I also have some blue homespun that I was considering for the same purpose.

I must stop making hats to keep, and start making them for the Charity Along, anyways.

I also made my first purchase from Melanie at Fiber Options yesterday. She comes highly recommended at Crochetville, by Elizabeth and many others, and I'm so excited to finally buy from her. I bought only 2 cones this first time, because I am supposed to have hidden my credit card...They are both acrylic chenilles, one cone is called cinnabar red and the other cream puff. They look and sound delicious! Eek, yet another yarn supplier...

Otay, I think that's all for now... Happy thoughts to everyone!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've washed TLC Amore, and it was fine. I didn't leave it in the dryer for very long, though. I was a bit worried too, since my sweater was already showing some pilling from only two wearings, but it did indeed come out fine. I think I used the gentle cycle, and put the sweater in a garment bag. I only put it in the dryer for about 30 minutes. (My dryer usually takes about 90 minutes to dry clothes.)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I love the Amore too. Just wash in cold water on gently cycle. Let it dry about 1/2 hour in dryer and lay flat til it's completely dry and you should be fine.

I've bought yarn of Melanie at Fiber Options and loved it. Comes within 3 days too. You'll need a yarn winder with the chenille. I just bought a little over 4 lbs, came in three cones.

Have fun and post those pics!!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you
I loved everything!!!!! You're doll!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I am going to bookmark that yarn site! I love what she has and wondered where the girls were getting that pretty yarn! Good thing I just went through my stash and realize I have way too much yarn right now and a hundred ideas to crochet!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home