Wednesday, January 12, 2005

14K Gold?

Well, I dug thru the big box of stuff from Bunny tonite, and tossed a bunch of the yarn. Either they were icky colors, too sawdusty to be saved, or had a funny feel to them... Left a residue on my hands or something, I can't explain it. I also found a couple more pattern booklets, and some hooks. One of the hooks says its 14k gold plated, right on the side, where there would be a size printed! The other side says Oxmoor house. From a brochure I found I'm guessing it's a G, I'll post pix of both hook and leaflet tomorrow, hunny is bugging me to hurry so we can go back to his house. Was wondering if any of you have heard of seen such a thing? I gather it's a promo for some type of mail-order crochet club or something...

I have been slacking on my crochet... the poncho lays about 75% complete of the corner of the couch. I haven't touched it in a few days, now that school is back I feel like I have no time again. Yuk! At least I have the next 2 days off from work - YAY! Plus a bowling get-together tomorrow with my fun co-workers, that's always a good time.

I know I had more to say but am forgetting right now!

Oh yeah! - I edited my wishlist today to add a replacement for #9, my granted wish. I'm not sure about the policy on replacement wishes, so I hope this is okay! I guess it's really 2 wishes in one, but I couldn't decide which I preferred since I love both!



5 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Natalie-

Of course you can replace a wish, this is an ongoing thing.
Oxmoor house is a publishing house, so they probably had a book club or something.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I actually have two of the oxmoor house 14k gold crochet hooks size G. Does anyone know how much they are worth? They only cost me 25 cents from a thrift store so I snatched them up.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have a 14k plated Oxmoor house crochet hook, it belong to a friend's grandmother, my friend gave me all her old yarn and hooks, looks like it's really not rare??

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one of the Oxmoor Hosue gold hooks; have had it since it was new. According to everything I can find, it's a size G or 4mm hook. I used to use this for everything. Now I use a beautiful wooden hook in size I (5.25mm).

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw them selling for $8.00....i have one says 14K Gold size G.... mine does not say plated

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home